Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (2023)

by Viral Patel · July 10, 2009

Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (1)A lot of time we forget our passwords and try to recover it using the same old technique where the service provider send new password to an email address that we have registered earlier with them. Security question is also an option to recover password where user set a security question like “What is my first school teacher name?”. Although these techniques are easy and used almost by all service providers, it is sometimes easy to hack them. Like if the password recover system only depends on birthdate and a security question then it is easy to guess the answer of someone whom you know. Recently Salma Hayek’s one of the online account was hacked by guessing few obvious answers.

But in today’s era of internet, a product keeps on changing as new and new features are added. Today GMail has added a new feature in its arsenal. GMail will send you new password if you forget your password by text message on your cell phone. All you have to do is just to register your cell number with your gmail account for one time. Just follow these steps to configure this option.

Sign in, select ‘Change Password Recovery Options,’ enter your cell phone number and click ‘Save‘. Next time you forget your password, enter your username on the password-assistance page, and Google will text you a recovery code. No need to check another email account or even leave the page.
Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (2)

Tags: gmailgoogle

• Next story How much does the “I’m feeling lucky” button cost Google?
  • Previous story Writing Functions in Shell Script

You may also like...

• SEO for Bloggers by Google’s own Matt Cutts!

• Excel Macro: Evaluating Formulas Dynamically

• ViralPatel.net Turns One Year Old

• Taking Backup of your Website and WordPress Blog

59 Comments

1. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (7) Phi Huong says:

10 July, 2009, 13:58

Why not supporting this service(recovering password) for Vietnamese users? I could not find Vietnam in the box “country”.
    Thanks.

2. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (8) Viral Patel says:

10 July, 2009, 14:33

May be Google have not yet collaborated with service providers in Vietnam. They should do it fast. :)

3. 10 July, 2009, 18:33

I lost my password i don’t remember any security quetions so please send my pass word to dis tempary mailID [emailprotected]

thanks you.

4. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (10) Viral Patel says:

10 July, 2009, 19:31

Hi Dharma, Which account you talking about?

5. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (11) Viral Patel says:

13 July, 2009, 16:53

I think people are taking this in wrong way. Please read the article properly. I have not written that I can recover the password and send you the details via SMS. Lot of people have asked me to recover their password!!
    Again, please read the article properly before commenting.

6. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (12) venkatesh says:

13 July, 2009, 18:00

i forgot gmail username& password.

7. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (13) levias mathonsi says:

1 August, 2009, 2:47

i can not retrive my password

• Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (14) cotrina says:

(Video) Recover Your Google and Gmail Password

30 March, 2016, 8:38

I need help

8. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (15) sainge says:

28 April, 2010, 18:12

hi ya Admin…
    my gf lost his gtalk account ,
    one of her friend steal this from her n how can i get back now?
    plz let me know …
    if u can ..plz contact my mail…. [emailprotected]

9. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (16) Neha says:

30 January, 2012, 9:53

Sir,Im a girl n love some one very much,when Im in a relatioship I send him mail & now he blackmail me from this mail.I want to delete my mails from his id pls help me sir.if u can help me pls cont me on my mail id – <removed>

10. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (18) fabianfortuin95 says:

4 February, 2013, 17:10

Re-did my software and now my email doesn’t wanna access

11. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (19) nitin katoch says:

22 February, 2013, 13:09

i 4get my gmailpassword and security question pl. send me my password

12. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (20) saddam kher says:

16 March, 2013, 19:04

i have forgot my gmail password,plzzz some one help me

13. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (21) Jonathan says:

4 May, 2013, 2:57

HI vp,i forgot my password on my gmail account could you help me plzzzz.

14. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (22) dilip says:

28 May, 2013, 18:57

i know my recovery mail id but my mobile number is not available , it is possible for myself to access my account but not able to enter in to it , i need help

15. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (23) sandy says:

11 June, 2013, 14:04

how can i get my forgetten passwords? plz help me

16. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (24) Ashok Mali says:

15 June, 2013, 19:00

i forgot my password on my gmail account could you help me

17. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (25) rahul says:

25 June, 2013, 18:38

plz help me to reset my gmail password

18. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (26) nisha says:

23 July, 2013, 17:15

i am forget my password.

19. 8 August, 2013, 23:24

i forget my gmail password…….please help me

(Video) 1-888-918-1764 How to Recover Gmail Password Via SMS

20. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (28) Alex says:

31 August, 2013, 2:01

I don’t know my password or security questions… What do/can I do?

21. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (29) vashram chaudhari says:

4 September, 2013, 15:00

I FOR FORGET MY GMAIL PASSWORD PLZ HELP ME

22. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (30) maliekah says:

3 October, 2013, 5:37

please help i really need a retrieve my gmail password urgent information that i need please please help desprate

23. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (31) avinash says:

14 November, 2013, 0:08

hi sir I forget my gmail password I tried so many options …my problem is I changed my phone number so I can’t access my password you sent that old number..help me plz

24. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (32) Aubrey says:

1 December, 2013, 20:08

Can’t log with my phone

25. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (33) Bilal kundi says:

13 December, 2013, 16:04

hi sir I forget my gmail password I tried so many options ., I have my cell number but not remember my passward,,, plz help me plz……

26. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (34) hemant kumar says:

26 December, 2013, 18:04

i have a gmail account but i am not able to log in because i have forgot my password plz tell me what have i should to do………..? i had activated 2 step verification at [emailprotected] but i tried so much but don’t able to log me in

27. 8 January, 2014, 20:03

can u plz send me code to reset password

28. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (36) Muhammad akhtar says:

29 January, 2014, 13:42

Please help me

29. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (37) fazi says:

28 May, 2014, 20:16

I 4got ma password and cant answer some of the recovery questions pls help

30. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (38) uday kumar says:

23 June, 2014, 8:54

plese help me in recovering my gmail pasword send it to my mobile

31. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (39) parveen sharma says:

1 August, 2014, 15:33

I 4got ma password and cant answer some of the recovery questions pls help

32. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (40) malinda says:

13 August, 2014, 15:18

I lost my blackberry is passwrd will you please get that and sent that to mt 0746641435

33. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (41) jose says:

3 October, 2014, 3:18

Plz send me the text

(Video) Gmail password recovery via sms ? learn here
  34. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (42) prudance says:

23 October, 2014, 11:32

Hi.pls cent me de code I forget my password

35. 8 December, 2014, 11:50

I LIKE THIS A LOT.

36. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (44) Julie jacobs says:

1 January, 2015, 11:26

I forgot my password on my gmail account and i have provided my cell phone number with my account setting but google is not giving sending a sms code to as an option. What do i do? How can i retrieve my forgotten password?

37. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (45) kiran kale says:

24 January, 2015, 16:35

plzzz i forgot my password plzzz need a help i dont no ans 5 stage plz bc my fb lock sir plz help

38. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (46) samuel rantwane leepile says:

2 February, 2015, 18:17

4gotten password nd my facebook is blogged because of dat pls help

39. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (47) brinda says:

22 February, 2015, 11:41

the recovery phone number showing is not mine. please reply me , how to restore my account?

40. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (48) dr shahzad says:

9 July, 2015, 14:10

google is very good

41. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (49) vivek says:

23 July, 2015, 10:59

Sir i did create an account of gmail. Sir i never changed that password. I used only password. And now i forgot that. I have no answer of any recovery questuon. I have only my registered mobile number.

Can i get my password with this only.

And how sir?

Plz help me. Its very importnt for me

42. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (51) David` says:

17 August, 2015, 14:22

The gmail customers who are facing technical issues in accessing their account such as forgot password,forgot email id ,forgot security question and any other kind of technical issues related to gmail account .They can resolve their issues by getting in touch with gmail technician at Gmail Tech Support Number 1-844-780-6751

43. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (52) David` says:

17 August, 2015, 14:24

Contact at Gmail Technical Support Number 1-844-780-6751 to recover their password online .

44. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (53) Josh says:

13 September, 2015, 13:40

it does not support the updated google account recovery settings. i cannot find the recover account through phone #.

45. 28 September, 2015, 1:03

sorry ,very complex to pass word

(Video) How to Recover Gmail Account without Verification Code? - 2021 | 100% Working
  46. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (55) gurpreetbrar says:

27 October, 2015, 17:50

i have forget my gmail password pls send me code

47. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (56) shaik rashida says:

16 November, 2015, 10:05

i didnt get any help

48. 4 January, 2016, 23:56

I see tht many peeps lost their psword. I also dnt knw mine and i need tht account urgently. I am working as a caregiver nd im still attending school 2finish my matric. I cnt change to another account nw bcaz i hav already gav my account details to the department of education. I will loose evrythng if i change now. I did try an alternative account nd they sed no, i hav to get my old account. Otherwise i cnt gt in the matric axams .plz i truly need tht account. I wld b very grateful for your help. Thnk u in advance.

49. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (58) Srijani Bera says:

15 January, 2016, 19:25

Hi sir m Srijani!. I can remember neither my gmail password nor any security Q. I need to get back dis urgently fr my educational purpose. Can i get a code to d no dat i gave to open my gmail id?

50. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (59) karan says:

28 January, 2016, 19:46

what is the code?

51. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (60) Avinash Kale says:

30 January, 2016, 15:49

hi
    plz help
    i cant use gmail account

52. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (61) johann says:

1 May, 2016, 0:00

Hoe de moer reset ek my rekenings wagwoord deurmiddel van sms..? Want Google moet asb net fokin wakker skrik en hulle aanwysings uit sorteer.

Help asb eks technologies gestrem ( Helemal Gevok).

Baie danki. .
    Stuur groete en liefde vir Fluffy…

53. 17 May, 2016, 20:31

sir please help for my forget password very necessary.

54. 24 May, 2016, 0:08

Hi Please help, i forget my password for my Gmail account, and i have very important information on it i dont want to open or creat a new one, can you please help me urgently, or even send me the resert code for my password on my cell phone number please.

55. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (64) zakariya mm says:

30 May, 2016, 7:11

I love google

56. Recover your GMail password via SMS (text message) (65) Renee williams says:

1 September, 2016, 11:51

I forgot my password for my gmail account and I no longer have the phone number registered to my account could you please send me a new password to this number 1 479 573 4212

(Video) How To Recover Gmail Account Without Phone Number Without Email And without Two Steps Verification

FAQs

How can I recover my Gmail password through SMS? ›

To turn this on for your account, just sign in, select 'Change Password Recovery Options,' enter your cell phone number and click 'Save. ' Next time you forget your password, enter your username on the password-assistance page, and Google will text you a recovery code.

How can I recover my Gmail password by mobile number? ›

Gmail reset password using phone number
  1. Go to Gmail and enter your Gmail address. Then Click on “Forgot password”.
  2. Select recover account by phone then select “Text”
  3. Wait for the Text (SMS) with the code to arrive.
  4. Press the Next button.
  5. Enter a long, new password.
  6. Done! you can now access your gmail back.

How can I recover my Gmail password without email? ›

How to Recover Gmail Password Without Phone Number or Recovery Email
  1. Go to the Google Account Recovery page or visit this link.
  2. Enter your Gmail ID or username.
  3. Click on Next.
  4. The next screen will show you three options 一 Enter your password, Get verification email on recovery email, and Try another way to sign in.
15 May 2022

How can I recover my Gmail account if I can't verify my Google account? ›

If you don't get the option to verify it's you, you can:
  1. Stay signed in to your Google Account on your Android phone for at least 7 days. ...
  2. Add a recovery phone number to your Google Account and wait at least 7 days. ...
  3. Add a security key to your Google Account if you turned on 2-Step Verification and wait at least 7 days.

Is there any other way to recover Gmail account? ›

You may still be able to restore access to your account by manually verifying your identity. Enter your email address and click Continue. If you are asked to enter the last password you remember, click I don't know. Click Verify your identity which is located under all of the other options.

Can you bypass phone verification Gmail? ›

Here's how: On an Android: Follow the on-screen instructions to create your email address and password. Once the password is set, scroll down and tap More options, tap Do not add my phone number, and then tap Done.

How do I verify my Google Account if my phone is broken? ›

If you've lost access to your primary phone, you can verify it's you with: Another phone signed in to your Google Account. Another phone number you've added in the 2-Step Verification section of your Google Account. A backup code you previously saved.

What is the easiest way to recover a Google Account? ›

Enter an email connected to your account

A recovery email address helps you get back in and is where we send you security notifications. An alternate email address is one you can use to sign in. A contact email address is where you get information about most Google services you use.

How can I contact Gmail support? ›

Methods to talk to Gmail support:
  1. To get directly speak, just open any suitable web browser.
  2. Type support.google.com and hit enter button.
  3. After visiting the Google support page, just sign in to your account via email or mobile and password.
  4. Now, choose 'Gmail' from the list.
  5. After then, choose to contact us.

How do I get my 8 digit backup code for Gmail without password? ›

1. Open your Gmail account on your device and click on Google Account.
  2. Now, click on the security icon.
  3. Under the signing in to Google, click on 2-step verification option.
  4. After that you should look for the Backup codes.
  5. Click on setup or show codes, now you can download your codes.

How can I unlock my Gmail account without phone number? ›

How to Recover Gmail Password without Phone Number and Recovery Email?
  1. Go to Google Recovery Account.
  2. Enter Your Email.
  3. Select 'Try another way to sign in'
  4. Click on 'Try another way'
  5. Click on 'Try another way' Again.
  6. Wait for Next 48 Hours.
  7. Check Your Email for the Recovery Link.
28 Sept 2022

Can I force Gmail to 2-step verification? ›

Google says that it will continue to automatically enroll users in 2FA in 2022, but the company encourages users not to wait and enable 2FA themselves. If you're unfamiliar with 2FA, we recently highlighted Google Authenticator, which is a popular 2FA option that uses time-based one-time passwords (TOTP).

Is there a phone number for Google to recover my account? ›

How do I contact Google to verify my account? ›

Sign in to your email to verify your account

While you're creating your account, you'll get an email from Google. Open the email and find the verification code. To finish creating your account, enter the verification code when prompted.

Is there a Google support phone number? ›

By Phone Number: You can also call at Google customer support number 1-866-2-Google (1-866-246-6453) or 1-888-570-1575 and directly connect the customer service team at Google.

How can I recover my Google Account without password and security question? ›

First thing you need to do is visit the Google Account Recovery page. When there, enter your email address and click “Continue”. Click “I don't know” option for the password and choose the “Verify your identity” option, which is a really small link under all other available options.

How do I access my Google email without verification? ›

Login to Google Account Without Verification Code
  1. Find a Device Where You are Already Logged in. This might not be a possibility for many people. ...
  2. Try Logging in on a Trusted Device. ...
  3. Try Logging in on a Familiar Wi-Fi Network. ...
  4. Get Help from Google.
27 May 2021

How can I recover my Google account without phone verification? ›

How to Recover Gmail Password without Phone Number and Recovery Email?
  1. Go to Google Recovery Account. Go to Google Recovery Account. ...
  2. Enter Your Email. ...
  3. Select 'Try another way to sign in' ...
  4. Click on 'Try another way' ...
  5. Click on 'Try another way' Again. ...
  6. Wait for Next 48 Hours. ...
  7. Check Your Email for the Recovery Link.
28 Sept 2022

What happens if you don't verify your Gmail account? ›

When you're setting up a Google Account with a non-Google email, we'll send a verification code to the email address you used to create the account. If you don't verify your address, you won't be able to create a Google Account.

Can I call Google to recover my account? ›

For your security, you can't call Google for help to sign into your account. We don't work with any service that claims to provide account or password support. Do not give out your passwords or verification codes.

What is Google SMS verification? ›

If you use 2-Step Verification, you've elected to get a verification code by text when you sign in. This code adds an extra layer of security to your account. Learn more about 2-Step Verification. You're creating an account, and we want to make sure you're not a robot.

Videos

1. How to Recover Gmail Without Phone number and Email | Reset Gmail Password without code (2021)
(GetAssist_net)
2. How To Recover Gmail Account Without Phone Number WithOut verification password Trick 2021
(Technical Safa)
3. Recover Your Gmail Account- Lost Access to All Devices
(CyberMedics)
4. How to recover gmail password without recovery email and phone number 2 step verification||2022
(Technical try)