TOPIC: CONTACT AND NON- CONTACT SPORTS
DEFINITION: Contact sports are those games that have direct body contact with the opponent when performing.
While Non-contact sports are those games that has no direct body contact with the opponent when performing.
|S/No||Examples of contact sports||S/ No||Examples of Non-contact sports|
|4||Karate||4||Stunts games like head-stand, hand stand etc.|
|6||Volley ball||6||Long jump|
|7||Hand body||7||High jump|
|9||Basket ball etc||9||Pole vault|
|11||Lawn tennis etc.|
BENEFITS OF CONTACT AND NON-CONTACT SPORTS
- It provides a way of physical fitness
- It provides individual talents and skills
- It releases strains and tension
- It helps to develop the muscles
SAFETY PRECAUTION MEASURES ON CONTACT AND NON-CONTACT SPORTS
- To obey the rules and regulations in the game
- To provide adequate first aid materials
- Inspection of all equipment before use
- Adequate warm-up exercise
- Adequate rest should be provided.